STUDENT CATEGORIE NETPAK (NOT PARTICIPATING IN CONTEST)
- Recognize and reward student creativity by presenting product packaging designed within a school setting.
- Recognize the importance of design programs of Quebec colleges and universities that help shape the creators of tomorrow.
- Building lasting relationships between students and professionals in the manufacturing and agri-food processing fields in Quebec.
- To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a college or university program or have completed their training in 2012 or 2013 in a graphic design or industrial design program.
- Projects must be received at the GAÏA Awards offices by October 11, 2013.
The winner will receive:
- A 500$ grant offered by Netpak, specialist in the packaging and printing industry.
- An internship at Netpak.
- 3 weeks in the Graphic Design Department of Netpak.
- The dates and schedule of the internship will be determined between the student and Netpak in order to accommodate both parties.
- The internship is not paid but may result in an employment within the company.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that the Netpak internship is open to collegial or university students in Graphic Design ONLY. Students from Industrial Design are welcome to participate but may not claim the internship if they win.
- A featured article in the magazine L’actualité ALIMENTAIRE as well as on the magazine’s Website.
- A mention in L’Actualité ALIMENTAIRE’s newsletter.
Creativity and ingenuity.
- Projects will be collected by Edikom, the GAÏA AWARDS 2013 contest organizer.
- 12 to 15 projects will be preselected by a special committee.
- The 12 to 15 finalists will be notified by October 18, 2013 and will be invited to the GAÏA AWARDS contest held on October 30, 2013. In the event that a student cannot attend the ceremony, a designated person may present the project to the audience on his/her behalf.
- The pieces will be exposed during the cocktail hour where creators will have a chance to present their projects to guests.
- Gala guests will vote for their favorite project.
- Votes will be counted by Edikom and Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton.
- The winner will be announced during the gala.
- Please complete the Student Awards entry form available on the Website www.lesprixgaïa.ca, under the Inscription tab.
- Send your packaging* with the completed form to the following address :
THE GAÏA AWARDS
615 Notre-Dame street
*In order to accommodate students living in areas far from St-Lambert, participants may send pictures of their project(s) for the first selection without risks of being penalized. The pictures must be of high quality (150 DPI or more) and must show each side of the packaging (inside included). However, the participants will –without any exception- have to present the scale model of their project in the event that they are selected as finalists.
Non-qualified projects must be retrieved by students at the GAÏA AWARDS offices by November 25, 2013. The GAÏA AWARDS contest reserves the right to dispose of any project that has not been retrieved in a timely manner.
Copyright statement: the candidate certifies having obtained all authorizations or exemptions for constituents and parts of the piece entered in the GAÏA AWARDS contest and that he/she is the owner (or has the owner's permission).
EDIKOM and Netpak reserve the right to use the information provided (name, logo, photos, etc.) without compensation in their publications (web, print) and products as promotional tools for the contest or for news report in any other publications.